What is OWP?
OWP is an affiliate of the Ohio Psychological Association that consists of approximately 40 women from all over Ohio in psychology. Members include women students to experienced women psychologists. See the file library at the bottom on this page to read the latest issue ofPerspectives for the most recent news.
- Support women in psychology in their professional endeavors and increase awareness of women needs, perspectives and contributions.
- Support for professional development and personal growth
- Recognize the achievements and unique contributions of women in psychology
- Represent the interest of women to other professional associations
- Provide educational activities either directly or by co-sponsoring them with other groups such as OPA
- Inform members of legislative and policy issues relevant to women and to encourage members to participate in advocacy activities
What does OWP do?
- Informs members of legislative and policy issues relevant to women and to encourage members to participate in advocacy activities.
- Supports the growth and development of women in psychology from graduate school to professionals in the field whether as an academician, researcher, practitioner, or consultant.
- Supports the empowerment of women and the address issues related to women in and outside the field of psychology.
- Provides annual scholarships for graduate students in psychology that are researching women’s issues (more information).
- Releases Perspectives, the quarterly newsletter sent to our membership, to inform them of our activities.
- Meets via conference calls and face-to-face meetings (we aim for quarterly meetings).
- Presents a Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Recognizes a woman psychologist for her significant accomplishments in teaching, research, clinical skills and as a role model.
- Recognizes a woman who is a pioneer in the field who has made outstanding contributions over a lifetime.
- Need not currently reside in Ohio but has made some contribution during career in Ohio.
Want to learn more?
Contact the President of OWP, Cathy Gaw, PsyD
OPW's Newsletter... Perspectives
See the file library at the bottom of this page to download OPW's Newsletter
New committee members are always welcome. If you are interested in learning more about this committees, please contact the OPA office at 614.224.0034.