Understanding the Process
Background: OPA is an APA approved provider. The following requirements were developed to meet APA and the Ohio Psychology Board law and rules.
Steps in the Process
- You should prepare and submit your proposal on the OPA website at http://ohpsych.site-ym.com/page/present
- The Director of Education and Communications will send completed proposals to the OPA Education Committee for consideration at its monthly meeting.
(Incomplete proposals will not be sent to the Education Committee for review until all required components are received.)
- The OPA Education Committee approves the workshop based on APA criteria and relevance to Ohio psychologists and graduate students.
- The Director of Education and Communications secures a location, date and establishes fee structure.
- Online registration and a marketing plan will be developed and implemented by OPA staff AFTER a location, date, and pricing are established for approved Workshops. Marketing and registration efforts will not begin until workshops have been approved and all speaker materials are received.
- Director of Education and Communications continues to work with Presenters to arrange details such as audiovisual needs, contracts, and travel, as needed.
Items to prepare before submitting online proposal form
Checklist to Meet OPA and APA Guidelines:
_____ Program Description: Paragraph that explains workshop and will attract the appropriate participants (100 words)
_____ Learning Objectives (4-6 measurable)
_____ Diversity Statement
_____ 3-4 Key Literature References
_____ Biographies of the Presenters (100 word bios)
_____ Hours (1-6)
_____ Level (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
- All workshops are asked to explain how their workshop addresses and/or integrates diversity issues into the topic.
- Ethics or Cultural Competency Workshops also require an explanation of how they qualify for those special designations. (Click for guidelines)
Submit Proposal online
Click here to complete our online workshop proposal form. Note that you cannot retrieve your information once it’s entered, so it’s best to have written it out first and make a copy for yourself, so you know what you submitted.
Questions? Email the Director of Education and Communication Karen Hardin, or call 614-224-0034