Call for Applications: Michael Sullivan 2018 Diversity Scholarship
Friday, November 17, 2017
Posted by: Michael Ranney, MPA
The Michael Sullivan Diversity Scholarship Fund was created to provide financial assistance to support graduate student research projects in honor of Dr. Sullivan’s work with American Psychological Association, State, Provincial, and Territorial Psychological Associations and his commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Submission Deadlines: Proposals must be submitted electronically by 4:30pm (eastern) on Friday, January 5, 2018. Proposals must be in Microsoft word or pdf format and follow the attached template. Subject line should include “Michael Sullivan Diversity Scholarship Proposal- YOUR NAME”. Send proposals to email@example.com.
Research Scope: The focus of the scholarship is to support graduate level research and training related to diversity and inclusion. Listed below are examples of possible projects in the area of diversity that might be supported by the Michael Sullivan Diversity Scholarship. The list is not all inclusive, but is provided to offer suggestions.
- Validate emerging methods of assessment, diagnosis, and screening of mental health concerns affecting racially/ethnically diverse individuals.
- Examine and evaluate behavior, lifestyles, health needs, and health disparities of racially/ethnically diverse individuals.
- Study aging issues in adults who are racially/ethnically diverse.
- Explore issues in multicultural counseling.
- Develop a cultural framework for counseling specific populations, i.e., the able-bodied, LBGT, multiracial individuals, and so on.
- Design a community project which decreases prejudice within a targeted population.
- Implement a culturally sensitive psychological service intervention within an existing group or agency.
For more information, click here.
Download the application.