Alcohol / Drug use
Gathering Place – Cancer Bereavement Support
800 Sharon Drive | Westlake, OH 44145
- Gathering Place – Cancer Bereavement Support
23330 Commerce Park | Beachwood, OH 44122
- Cornerstone of Hope - Support Groups/Education Children and Families Northeast Ohio
5905 Brecksville Rd | Independence, OH 44131
- Robertson Bereavement Center- Hospice of Medina County
Support Groups: 330.725.1900
- New Life Hospice - “Living Through Grief”
(eligibility 3 months following Date of Death)
5255 North Abbe Road | Sheffield Village, OH 44035
- Joel’s Place
Twice Monthly Support Groups for children aged 5 to 18 who have experienced the death of someone special in their lives
Bay Presbyterian Church
25415 Lake Road | Bay Village, Ohio 44141
- HEAL (Helping Each Other After Loss)
Our HEAL support group provides comfort, education, and guidance to individuals, couples, and adult family members who have experienced a pregnancy or early infant loss in a compassionate and comforting setting in which to share thoughts, feelings, and experiences with those who understand.
For information and registration:
Church of the Covenant
11205 Euclid Ave | Cleveland, OH 44106
2nd Tuesday 6 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Church Based Grief/Bereavement Support Groups with Trained Facilitators
Plain Dealer Grief/Bereavement Support – Education/Web Content/Groups
Local Bereavement Support Group Referral. Call 211 for personalized referral.
- The Compassionate Friends of Southwest Suburbs/Cleveland Chapter
Support for loss of a child
Bethany Lutheran Church, 6041 Ridge Road Parma OH 44129
Leaders: Doreen & Brian Sismour
Contact (440) 327-8678 for more information
firstname.lastname@example.org | www.tcf-cle.net
Meets the second Thursday of each month at 7;oo p.m.
MENTAL HEALTH (NAMI) SUPPORT GROUPS
- The National Alliance on Mental Illness provides a variety of family support groups. View the list.
- Mellen Center for MS provides an ongoing Multiple Sclerosis support group on Thursdays from 3-4 p.m. at the Mellen Center of Cleveland Clinic. Patients must have an initial consult through psychology to determine goodness of fit. This can be scheduled by calling 216-444-8600.
health related support groups
- Cleveland Clinic offers a variety of support groups for various medical conditions