PSYCHBC RECEIVES “TOP WORKPLACE IN NORTHEAST OHIO” AWARD
Monday, June 19, 2017
PsychBC, Ohio’s largest privately held outpatient behavioral health care practice headquartered in Beachwood, has been named a Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio for the second time.
PsychBC was the only behavioral health care practice named to the annual Top Workplaces in Northeast Ohio ranking, sponsored by The Cleveland Plain Dealer/cleveland.com.
Each year, the survey names the best places to work in Northeast Ohio based solely on comments by staff. The survey is conducted by independent workplace consultant Workplace Dynamics.
"What distinguishes a Top Workplace from an average one?” asked Workplace Dynamics CEO Doug Claffey.
“We know from our decade of research it's not perks or ‘coolness’ that makes the difference. The best employers carefully craft a positive workplace culture,” he continued. “We also know these organizations on The Plain Dealer's list of 150 Top Workplaces for 2017 share a common foundation that supports a healthy culture and employee engagement.”
The Plain Dealer listed five common qualities of successful workplaces as demonstrated by award recipients:
- People really are the greatest asset. “A core principle that’s brought to life every day.”
- Leaders listen. “Leaders at Top Workplaces are clued in to their team’s challenges and use this knowledge in decision-making. This builds a sense of commitment and accountability.”
- Everyone is in the loop. “Committed to sharing information as much – and as often – as they can.”
- Live with a purpose. “Effective leaders deliver an inspiring vision, which the entire team connects with day to day.”
- Build community. “Top Workplaces care about building community. They hold regular, purposeful events that foster a sense of belonging.
“The best workplaces always look to improve. After all, it’s a journey, not a destination.”
“PsychBC is deeply honored to receive a Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio Award for the second time,” said Managing Director Donald Sykes. “It is our great privilege to work with such a talented team of devoted staff members. This award belongs to them.”
Founded in 1989, PsychBC is a team of 12 psychiatrists, 10 advanced practice nurses and more than 100 psychologists, clinical counselors and social workers serving children, adolescents, adults and families in 11 locations throughout Ohio and northern Kentucky. Our experienced specialists provide therapy and treatment for a wide range of mental health issues that include depression, anxiety, anger and stress management, bipolar disorder, alcohol or drug abuse and addiction.
Our mission: to inspire and empower the patients, staff and clinicians of PsychBC and the communities we serve. PsychBC strives to be the community leader in behavioral outcomes, patient and staff experience, and education.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Donald Sykes Managing Director 216/456-8103 firstname.lastname@example.org