Ohio psychologists must earn 23 hours of continuing education every two years to retain their psychology license.
- The current two-year biennium runs from Sept. 1, 2016 to Aug. 31, 2018.
- Hours must be completed by Aug. 31, 2018.
- The 2018-2020 biennium runs from Sept. 1, 2018 to Aug. 31, 2020.
- Licensees must complete 23 hours, with 4 in ethics or cultural competency. This NEW 4 hour ethics/cultural competency requirement went into effect during the 2014-2016 biennium. You will still only need 23 CE total, but now they must include any combination of ethics/cultural competency equaling 4 CE. Click here to learn what meets the criterion for approval of an ethics/cultural competency course.
- 2016-2018 Biennium Registration Information:
- The OPA-MCE registration fee is $125 for OPA members and $165 for non-members. Late registration fees for the 2016-2018 biennium began accruing on Dec. 1, 2016.
- 2018-2020 Biennium Registration Information:
- The OPA-MCE registration fee is $125 for OPA members and $165 for non-members. Late registration fees for the 2018-20208 biennium begin accruing on Dec. 1, 2018.
Forms and Instructions
- Single Course Review Request Form – To be used for non-approved courses only
Helpful opa-mce Links for Psychologists