To practice as a licensed psychologist, one must be granted a license from the state of Ohio. A doctorate in clinical or counseling psychology, supervised practice and a national and Ohio exam are required.
To apply for licensure, applicants must:
- complete a criminal background check,
- obtain references from three psychologists/school psychologists,
- provide supervisor and supervisee documentation of training supervision/hours (see below),
- provide official transcripts of appropriate doctoral psychology graduate degre,e
- complete the national Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology (EPPP), which may be taken upon graduation, and
- complete an examination on Ohio jurisprudence.
For more information regarding requirements to apply for licensure, visit the State Board of Psychology website.