With more than 200 members, the Ohio Psychological Association of Graduate Students (OPAGS) is an active organization uniting graduate students throughout Ohio.
To join OPAGS, become a Student Affiliate of OPA. Student membership is open to any undergraduate student, graduate student or post-doctoral fellow who completes an application form and pays the annual fee of $25. OPAGS offers all its members enormous opportunities to enhance their development towards a career in psychology and to shape the future of the discipline. From the ability to serve as an OPAGS board member, to opportunities to present your work at OPA’s Annual Convention and Poster Session, this membership will help you succeed in school and develop as a member of the psychological community.
OPAGS Membership Includes:
- Voting rights in OPAGS elections and opportunity to run for OPAGS office
- A subscription to OPA’s publications, including the Ohio Psychologist, the OPA Review and the OPA Annual Report (a $50 value)
- Opportunity to join OPA committees and volunteer with Ohio psychologists
- Discounts to attend the OPAGS Workshop, OPA’s Convention and continuing education workshops
- Unique volunteer opportunities including health fairs, guest blogging, education events and more!
Get involved! An important aspect of membership includes networking, support and the exchange of ideas and information among psychologists. OPA keeps in touch with the important issues that psychologists face, including ongoing advocacy of important legislation. You will have many opportunities to get involved in these grassroots efforts, as well as other activities that serve the public.